The fridge is the most used appliance in any kitchen, and do not ever place it next to the stove or against the wall that is not insulated and faces the sun. When using the fridge remember:
- Do not open the door unnecessarily.
- Ensure that door seals are intact. (Close the door on a piece of paper; if you can pull the paper out easily, the seal should be replaced).
- Let hot food cool down before placing in the refrigerator.
- Remove all wrapping from food before storing in a refrigerator.
- Leave space between items on shelves, this allows cool air to circulate more easily.
- Defrost fridge and clean off the dust from condenser coils/panels back side of the fridge regularly.
- Switch off the fridge when empty or you are going on holiday.