• Consider replacing your traditional incandescent globes (light bulbs) with compact fluorescent lights lamps (CFL). These use substantially less electricity and consume only 20% of the electricity that an incandescent globe would use. They also last between 6 and 8 times longer than the traditional globes.
• Try not to install multiple lights on a single switch.
• Dust off and clean bulbs and lamp regularly.
• Use light reflective colors when painting your house’s interior wall.
• Switch off the lights in rooms that are not in use.